[Nexus-developers] Mac OS X tested

Ray Osborn ROsborn at anl.gov
Tue Jun 15 15:29:08 BST 2004

Since I would like to encourage such status reports, I thought I would
report that the complete autoconf process works on Mac OS X, including C,
java, F77, and F90 bindings, using the IBM XLF compiler v8.1.  Thanks to
Jens' modifications of the test suite, 'make test' now completes without any
failures.

The only concern I have is for those with Absoft compilers rather than IBM.
This applies to our Linux cluster, for example.  Is there a way of changing
the F90 compilation flags automatically if it detects the Fortran compiler
in the Absoft path, /Applications/Absoft/bin, rather than the IBM path?

Also, how do we make distributions so that people go straight to the
./configure stage rather than running autogen.sh?

Dr Ray Osborn                Tel: +1 (630) 252-9011
Materials Science Division   Fax: +1 (630) 252-7777
Argonne National Laboratory  E-mail: ROsborn at anl.gov
Argonne, IL 60439-4845