[Nexus-developers] RE: NAPI 3.0 beta projected release - May 20, 2005

Akeroyd, FA (Freddie) F.A.Akeroyd at rl.ac.uk
Fri May 13 12:42:16 BST 2005

I may not have time to implement all NXU utilities in C by the end of
next week; should we then include a partial "NXU" or just leave it out
until it is fully complete?

Also, were we moving NXtranslate and/or NXdir out of "contrib" this
time?

Finally, now we have an RPM kit we need to agree on a default "install"
hierarchy and what directories to install "contrib", "example", "test",
"doc" stuff to etc.e.g.

(1) Install stuff to /usr/local/{lib,bin,include,nexus,...}
(2) Install stuff to /usr/local/nexus/{lib,bin,include,...} (and maybe
make some symbolic links for relevant files back to
/usr/local/{lib,bin,include})

(1) is simpler but (2) avoids potential name clashes with other files
that might already be in /usr/local/{lib,bin,include} and so could be a
better choice

Regards,

Freddie