[Nexus-developers] FW: RE: NAPI 3.0 beta projected release - May 20, 2005

Nick Maliszewskyj nickm at nist.gov
Mon May 16 13:02:25 BST 2005

Greetings everybody,

 From what I gather at least two of the major features in the changes
list I synopsized last week (XML support and complete implementation
in C of the NXU utility) are in a state which may take a few weeks to
sort out.

At this point I feel that it's important to get some form of release
out in the short term, if only to address known bugs. I see there are
two possible options:

   1) push back the release date for 3.0 (nix the
      beta, per Mark) by a few weeks (Is that enough?)
or
   2) assemble what there is right now, minus the XML/NXU support
      to release a 2.1, with the 3.0 to be released shortly thereafter

Personally, I'm in favor option #1 if those who are actually doing the
work don't mind the heat. I'm even in a position to help out a little.

Regarding mxml, requiring mxml < 2.2 is not unreasonable. This sort of
dependency is not unusual so long as 2.1 remains available.

Nick

--
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
o Dr. Nicholas C. Maliszewskyj