[Nexus-developers] NAPI state

Mark Koennecke Mark.Koennecke at psi.ch
Fri May 20 14:59:40 BST 2005

High,

the autoconf stuff has improved much, thanks to Freddy, and is good now.
Some tweaking with the text test
in the test case may be required.

Concerning the type: well it is extra work to rename type to NAPItype
and suppress it. But I see a reason for it to be done.
On the  other hand, a guiding principle of unix is transparency and this
is why I am not so happy suppressing the type or
NAPItype. I do not have strong feelings about this and if we push back
till june 3 it can be done.

A bigger problem is renaming the target attribute: This touches all
API's and I wonder if we do need a vote in
order to make such a change.

This brings up an organisational issue: Many decisions we make are
purely technical. and thus not interesting. But the
things mentioned above touch the content of the file. I personally feel
that such decisions should be made by a larger
group. How to we come to a decision anyway? Nick rules?

                                           Mark