FW: [Nexus-developers] API state

Akeroyd, FA (Freddie) F.A.Akeroyd at rl.ac.uk
Sun May 22 23:19:13 BST 2005

I agree that a working XML layer is the priority as it will be a big
boost for potential NeXus use in the ASCII community. I would suggest
aiming for a solid 3.0 without NXU and then release NXU in 3.1 say -
rather than completing NXU now I think it would be more useful for me to
work on things like:
- Tidying up the Bug/enhancement reporting interface
- Making CVS checkins automatically build nexus rpm kits from CVS for
easy installation and testing etc
- Having pre-build hdf + mxml distributions on the NeXus web site to
make installation easier (or maybe we can even bundle hdf + mxml in with
the nexus kit?)

Freddie

P.S. was NXtranslate coming out of "contrib" for the 3.0 release?