[Nexus-developers] NXwhitespace

Mark Koennecke Mark.Koennecke at psi.ch
Wed Jul 6 16:11:18 BST 2005

High,

there seems to be consensus on the length issue, I will change NXgetinfo
to return the normal
length, without \0.

The removal of whitespace within a string was never intended. This is an
artifact! I just used
a trim function which was around. I should get a better one which does
not exhibit this bug.

 Then there is the suggestion with those many options to treat strings.
I am not in favour
of that; IMHO messing with strings was never the problem domain of NAPI.
The whole
issue only came about because XML suddenly gave us the possibility to
manually edit
our NeXus files and extra whitespace coming in as an artifact or
formatting.

                                       Regards,

                                                       Mark