[Nexus-developers] Problem installing NeXus 3.0.0 on Mac OS X

Akeroyd, FA (Freddie) F.A.Akeroyd at rl.ac.uk
Tue Jul 26 10:15:43 BST 2005

There seems to be a problem with linking c and c++ together on Darwin in
some cases when using gcc 4 as the C++ compiler still uses gcc 3. You
may be able to get round it by forcing the default c compiler to be gcc3
(i think the command is called gcc_select or you could specify
--with-cc=gcc3 to configure). Alternatively, it should be fixed by
adding the extra library

-lSystemStubs

To the link line - I've added a check for this library to the download

http://nexus.isis.rl.ac.uk/kits/nexus-latest.tar.gz

As to the other problem, if you run the command

ranlib /usr/local/lib/libmxml.a

Does that fix it?

Freddie