[Nexus-developers] Python

Akeroyd, FA (Freddie) F.A.Akeroyd at rl.ac.uk
Wed Feb 22 11:04:07 GMT 2006

Peter, the nexus/bindings/swig files are only built if configure is run
with the

  --with-swig

argument - you should get an  nxpython.py  file to import which in turn
imports libnxpython.so (which is created in the .libs directory on the
CVS build). Both these files need to be either in your current directory
or in your PYTHONPATH

I'm not calling NeXus from python myself so cannot comment on usability
or reliability of either. I believe Mark Koennecke makes extensive use
of the TCL generated swig bindings, so in principle the python generated
swig ones should work; however I don't know enough about swig to say
this would definitely be the case.

Freddie