[Nexus-developers] Python

Hartmut Gilde Hartmut.Gilde at frm2.tum.de
Wed Feb 22 12:10:57 GMT 2006

hi peter,

i'm responsible for the nexus/contrib/nxpython bindings and i use it a lot at
frm2. it works quite reliable for me.
i also tested marks bindings and they are working fine too.
i suppose its a matter of taste which one to use.
i prefer my own ones, cuz it doesnt use an additional wrapping layer (except
swig of course) and they are easy to use as the syntax and usage is almost
the same as the c version.
but please be aware of the fact that the nexus/contrib/nxpython bindings
convert the complete sds data into appropriate python lists and vice versa
within the swig layer.

regards,
hartmut