[Nexus-developers] NeXus linking, Java

Peterson, Peter F. petersonpf at ornl.gov
Fri Dec 15 14:59:07 GMT 2006

Mark,

I like the idea of having renamed links. I've abandoned HDF4 myself so
if it means copying data to get the same effect it doesn't *directly*
bother me. I assume that you will still keep the target attributes as
they are supposed to be. And adding an API function is the appropriate
way to do this. It should probably confirm that the renamed link does
have a different name, otherwise generate a traditional link.

About the java stuff: Would it be appropriate to keep the old stuff
where it is, but add @deprecated tags to everything? Then changes are
only made to the new stuff with the different package name. While you
are reworking the java, are you also incorporating the code I gave you
to make it feel more like Java?

P^2