[Nexus-developers] greetings and new debian package available for comments

Rudi Cilibrasi cilibrar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 19:28:38 GMT 2007

Greetings friends and fellow scientists,

First I would like to thank you all for your efforts at a truly
laudable goal in creating a standard data format for science.

I have decided to add Nexus format support to my machine learning
software called
complearn ( at http://complearn.org/ ) .  In doing this, I want to try
to use the Nexus library
you have made.  I have packaged up the library as a Debian source
archive and made a 3-part binary archive that you can try for yourself
available at:

http://debian.cilibrar.com/debian/pool/main/libn/libnexus/

You will find precompiled .deb's for x86:
a libnexus3 .deb that holds the basic shared-object library
a libnexus-tools .deb that has the nexus commands that built on my system
a libnexus-dev .deb that holds the header files (.h) and other
developer-specific files

The three .deb files can be downloaded and installed using dpkg -i.
Alternatively,
they can be automatically downloaded and installed by apt-get if the
instructions on http://wiki.debian.org/RudiCilibrasi are followed to
modify the /etc/apt/sources.list are followed.

The debian source package is comprised of the remaining files:
There is a "debian source control" (.dsc) file, a "diff.gz" that
contains the few kilobytes of changes I had to make by hand as a
minimal (gzip compressed) patch, and the original nexus-3.0.0.tar.gz
renamed to libnexus_3.0.0.orig.tar.gz to make the packaging
consistent.
The source package is buildable using "pbuilder" and thus suitable for
eventual inclusion in the Debian archive and associated
multiarchitecture buildfarm.

I would welcome any feedback, comments, questions, bug reports,
support or improvements etc.  Best regards,

Dr. Rudi Cilibrasi

--
Experiment with Artificial Intelligence  at http://complearn.org/