[Nexus-developers] RE : Yet another memory leak!

POIRIER Stephane stephane.poirier at synchrotron-soleil.fr
Thu Mar 29 09:38:11 BST 2007

Hi Freddie,

I've renewed my password on monday 19th mars 2007, but the bug tracking system continue to reject my account :/

So, I've a new bug report !
It concerns a memory leak occuring only if one writes a NeXus file using compression.
I've made tests with zlib and szlib but the leak is present with both.
To show the problem the test program reads a binary file and writes its content as a dataset using (or not) the compression.

As attached files you'll find the test program, the binary data file and valgrind outputs with and without compression (LZW method with zlib)

All tests using Napi 4.0rc1 under linux rhel4 and compiled with gcc 3.4.4.

Best Regards,

Stephane.