[Nexus-developers] 4.0rc2

Mark Koennecke Mark.Koennecke at psi.ch
Fri Mar 30 13:37:58 BST 2007

Hi,

Akeroyd, FA (Freddie) schrieb:
> Mark,
>
> I noticed your latest subversion check-in was for the "trunk" and not
> the "4.0 branch". Can you please confirm that you were using the 4.0
> branch version to check the PYTHONROOT issue and not the "trunk" version
> (which does not yet have the fix)

Ooops, I missed the branching thing. And I already wondered why I did
not see updates when I tries to run svn update
in the trunk. But even with 4.0 I get the problem with NXsummary. The
memory leaks seems to be gone. And python
does not work either. But I know a little more about this. New is that I
get a bogus PYTHONROOT pointing to ../../include
which is not quite right. I then looked where PYTHONROOT was used and
found it in the libnxpython_la_CFLAGS in
 Makefile.am. I then proceeded to change that to PYTHON which happens to
have an accepatable value. But this failed
as well because PYTHON_VERSION is not defined and it still could not
find its header file. I assume that is dynamically
tested and generated by the configure script.

             Mark