[Nexus-developers] Announcing NeXus 4.0 Release Candidate 2

Nick Maliszewskyj nickm at nist.gov
Sat Mar 31 15:22:07 BST 2007

Greetings,

Thanks to the effort and involvement of our many testers, it's
my pleasure to announce to you the second release candidate for
NeXus 4.0. This release candidate includes one new utility,
nxsummary, which can be used to generate summary information for
 a given NeXus file in any of the underlying data formats. The
development team believes it has stomped out the most noxious
reported bugs (including the memory "leak of the week").

As before, we require your help to clear this release candidate.

Kits for the 4.0 release candidate 2 are available for download at
http://download.nexusformat.org/kits/ The NeXus technical group
requests your assistance as a member of the developer mailing list
in contributing to the quality assurance effort that is part of the
release process.  You can do this by running the test suite included
with the package on your platform (for the source packages it should
be as simple as "make test"). Please report your findings along with
the platform on which you work on our testing page
(http://www.nexusformat.org/NeXus_4_Testing) and report
any new bugs encountered via the trac system
(http://www.nexusformat.org/IssueReporting).

If no new bugs are reported via the trac system
(http://trac.nexusformat.org/code/) that are not already tagged
for a subsequent release, it is the intention of the technical
group to designate this release as the official NeXus 4.0 release.

In order to expedite the testing and release process, we request
that you perform testing and report results at your earliest convenience.

Thanks for your attention,

Nick Maliszewskyj
NeXus Technical Committee