[Nexus-developers] Linux Debian etch & nexus 4.0rc2 testing results

Akeroyd, FA (Freddie) F.A.Akeroyd at rl.ac.uk
Sun Apr 1 22:56:59 BST 2007

Rudi,

Thank you for downloading and testing 4.0rc2 I have looked at the bug
tracker logs and the reason you were unable to register and add an issue
was because you were giving your username as "cilibrar" rather than
"Cilibrar". I though the usernames were case insensitive, but it appears
this is not the case...

I believe the test failure for XML is related to the "mxml" package
provided by Debian. NeXus makes use of the "custom nodes" feature in
mxml, and a bug was fixed for these in version 2.2.2 I'm not sure
whether the Debian provided version is either pre 2.2.2 or has some
other issue, but when I removed the "libxml-dev" and "libmxml1" packages
from an old Debian system I have and installed mxml-2.2.2 from source
(http://www.easysw.com/~mike/mxml) the tests were passed. Thank you for
bringing this issue to our attention - we will add a note to the next
distribution's README files.

Regards,

Freddie

P.S. While checking out the above I also found an issue with the
-with-xml configure option  ... it sets CFLAGS correctly, but due to a
typo not the LDFLAGS. This is now fixed in the 4.0 branch and will be in
a future update