[Nexus-developers] Linux Debian etch & nexus 4.0rc2 testing results

Rudi Cilibrasi, Ph.D. cilibrar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 08:47:57 BST 2007

Hi Freddie,

I have investigated further and verified your hypothesis is accurate.  I
have therefore built a new version of the libmxml package (it is only
upstream version 2.2 in the official Debian archive) based on the new
2.2.2upstream libmxml version.
I have also updated my Debian package for libnexus for the new
4.0.rc2release.  I ran into a few issues but overall the build was
successful.

1) I had to change the version from 4.0.rc2 to 4.0.0 to avoid breaking some
version-soname awk code.
2) I had to add SONAME setting code in configure.ac and src/Makefile.am to
allow for better linking and library hygeine.
3) I could not build the fortran bindings this time for some reason.  It
seems not to even try to build them with a normal make.  If I go into the
f77 or f90 directories myself I get a message like this:
L-(09:20:%)-- m
--(Mon,Apr02)-XJ
/bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=compile    -c -o napif.lo napif.f
libtool: unrecognized option `-c'
Try `libtool --help' for more information.
make: *** [napif.lo] Error 1

I have included many updated Debian packages for libmxml as well as libnexus
(all based on 4.0.rc2 orig) and also tarred up all the source files I used
(modified/added) to make the package.  Could you please review the files I
had to change so that we can decide which, if any, of the diffs are
appropriate to add to your main codebase?  It is in psrc.tar.gz and the
whole load of files is in:
http://cilibrar.com/~cilibrar/projsup/nex4/
If you would prefer not to receive patches through email/web post like the
above then I am also willing to become a developer on tigris and just use
Subversion directly if that is more convenient for you.  I look forward to
your response and hope to continue to help you improve 4.0.  Best regards,

Rudi