[Nexus-developers] NeXus 4.1 RC1

Nick Maliszewskyj nickm at NIST.GOV
Tue Sep 11 18:52:36 BST 2007

Greetings,

The release of version 4.1 of the NeXus API is imminent. The dominant
enhancement in this version is:

  * Support for 64-bit integers

The release candidate also resolves a number of known defects reported via
our trouble reporting system (http://trac.nexusformat.org/code). Among these
are:

  * Problems with building the Python bindings for certain platform/compiler
    configurations
  * Length of text strings ignored in XML library
  * Build problems using the Absoft FORTRAN 90 compiler

Kits for the 4.1 release candidate are available for download at
http://download.nexusformat.org/kits/ The NeXus technical group requests
your assistance as a member of the developer mailing list in contributing
to the quality assurance effort by running the test suite included with
the package on your platform. Please report your findings on our testing
page (http://www.nexusformat.org/NeXus_4_Testing) and report any new bugs
via the trac system (http://www.nexusformat.org/IssueReporting).

In order to expedite the testing and release process, we request that you
perform testing and report results at your earliest convenience, preferably
before September 21, 2007.

Thanks for your attention,

Nick Maliszewskyj
NeXus Technical Committee

--
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
o Dr. Nicholas C. Maliszewskyj