[Nexus-developers] NeXus-2010 workshop

freddie.akeroyd at stfc.ac.uk freddie.akeroyd at stfc.ac.uk
Tue May 18 14:32:39 BST 2010

Hi Mark,

I'm glad you had a productive meeting.

I agree with the idea of an NXsubentry (1.2.1), but I've been thinking
if this is the best name. As it is related to an "application or domain
specific definition" maybe the class name should reflect this? Something
along the lines of NXappdef, NXapplication, ... However the counter
argument is that application definitions already apply to NXentry so
calling it "NXsubentry" fits more with the current model. I was
wondering though if we were moving towards application definitions only
applying to "subentries" and not to "entries" themselves in which case
an NXappdef etc. class name could be a more appropriate.

With regard to scaled data (1.2.2) were there any requests to add
utilities to the API to apply the scaling "on the fly" as the data was
read?

Regards,

Freddie