[Nexus-developers] NeXus Reference Manual, Classes

Mark Koennecke Mark.Koennecke at psi.ch
Tue Feb 1 14:48:40 GMT 2011

Hi,

attacking ticket #174 I had a good look at the NeXus classes section in
the reference manual.
Most of this is autogenerated. The section on the NeXus base classes is
OK. I have some
issues with the application definition section:
- NXfillin has to go. It is indeed only a template and just confuses
people.
- I find the presentation of the application definitions in tables as
suboptimal. I would
  rather have this replaced by the output from nxdlformat. How does
everyone else feel?
  Pete, how difficult will it be to run nxdlformat before inclusion into
the manual?

I am also pondering if we should not do a first step towards OO-NeXus
for beamline
components. This by introducing a common base class in which we keep
things like
rotation_angle, polar_angle, distance, geometry:NXgeometry etc. which
can occur
in anything which happens to be in the beamline. Any opinions?

Best Regards,

             Mark