[Nexus-developers] NeXus Reference Manual, Classes

Pete Jemian prjemian at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 15:28:46 GMT 2011

Mark:

Confirmed that NXfillin is not an NXDL in the NeXus definitions SVN
repository.  Check your local installation.

The table representation of the base classes seems to work ~Ok.  The
table view is less useful for application and contributed definitions
because of all the subtables.  Presentation of XML code (either original
NXDL or converted) in the manual to describe NXDL specifications does
not seem quite right, though.  The indented, hierarchical representation
for data files falls short as well since there is no easy way to deliver
the documentation found in the NXDL.

Running nxdlformat as a preliminary step before building the PDF is not
a problem.  Is it really the way we want to go?  This needs more input
before we decide this change.  Mark, perhaps you can post nxdlformat
output from a base class (such as NXdata's NXDL) on a wiki page so we
can see it as generated from your system?

Pete