[Nexus-developers] Naming of the python modules

Ray Osborn ROsborn at anl.gov
Tue Dec 20 16:04:46 GMT 2011

Carlos,
Thanks for the quick feedback, which raises a couple of excellent points. Actually, there are several projects on the PyPI site with the name nexus, so I guess that, like trademarks, it is only a problem if there is likely to be confusion. My problem with 'nxs' is just that it is arbitrary. It doesn't appear to be used by any other bindings and the format looks less coherent when there is no coherent naming scheme.

Backward compatibility is, of course, important, which is why I wrote my last email about the tree interface. I presume any change like this would require the approval of the tech committee.

Ray