[Nexus-developers] For multi dim axis discussion

V. Armando Sole sole at esrf.fr
Wed Sep 19 21:41:27 BST 2012

Hi Tobias,

If besides the signal attribute, you add the (already approved)
interpretation attribute, you can resolve some of the ambiguities.

For instance, a dimension [n, m, 100, 100] with attribute
interpretation="image" already allows you to understand that you are
dealing with nxm images of 100x100 and, even if your software is unable
to provide an adequate multidimensional visualization, at least it will
be able to show images providing the coordinates associated to n and m

Armando