Release of NeXus API version 1.2.1

Ray Osborn ROsborn at anl.gov
Fri Nov 5 17:32:16 GMT 1999

Hot on the heels of version 1.2.0, we have just released version 1.2.1.
However, the only change in this version is to the licensing terms under
which the software is released.  By agreement of all the copyright holders,
we have reissued the API under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
License.  While this maintains the freedom of use of the NeXus API available
under the GNU General Public License, it allows commercial developers to
incorporate the code into any software that is subsequently sold for profit.
We feel that this should be beneficial to the NeXus community in the long
run.  If you have any comments on this decision, please send them to this
list.

As before, the latest version may be obtained by FTP from
<ftp://hydra.pns.anl.gov/pub/NeXus>.  You can download the whole API as a
gzipped tar file (napi.tar.gz), or as individual files.

Ray Osborn
--
Dr Ray Osborn                Tel: +1 (630) 252-9011
Materials Science Division   Fax: +1 (630) 252-7777
Argonne National Laboratory  E-mail: ROsborn at anl.gov
Argonne, IL 60439-4845