[Nexus] Question on the NeXus python interface at ILL

Hartmut Gilde Hartmut.Gilde at frm2.tum.de
Fri Jan 30 08:16:59 GMT 2004

Hi Mr. Simmonds,

i saw that you have been working on a python interface for the NeXus data
format.
At the FRM-II in Munich there is a strong demand for such an interface too.
I am interested in your work and in how far you might have completed the
interface.

As far as i could find out, you used the SWIG approach.
I'm just in progress of trying exactly the same, and therefore i thought it
would be a good advice looking for some existing implementations first,
before reenventing the wheel and repeating all the errors, that might have
been overcome already.

Are there any working examples or downloads of your work.
Do you intend to share it with the rest of the science world ?

Please drop me a line describing the state of the development at ILL
concerning this task.
Would be appreciated very much.

Thanx in advance,
Hartmut Gilde