[Nexus] Re: HDF BROWSER - hdfb

Francesco De Carlo decarlo at aps.anl.gov
Tue Apr 20 04:07:34 BST 2004

Ben-Chin,

I thought HDF was directly supported by IDL.
I have been using, since few years now, an HDF browser developed by
Brian Tieman that supports general SDS HDF/Nexus data, allows browsing,
plot etc., plus plays in sequence all hdf files found in a specific
directory
(this is very useful for tomography data). Brian program is written in
Java and
as far as I know is widely used. How your program compare to Brian's
software ? And why should I choose one vs the other ?

francesco