[Nexus] Java code for UB matrix

Dennis Mikkelson mikkelsond at uwstout.edu
Tue Jan 18 16:52:07 GMT 2005

Hi Yang,

  The "Integrated Spectral Analysis Workbench"
(http://www.pns.anl.gov/computing/isaw) is written in Java and has a
number of classes that may be useful to you.  Specifically,

...gov/anl/ipns/MathTools/lattice_calc.java
provides some generally useful calculations, such as factoring UB,
getting lattice parameters, etc.

.../gov/anl/ipns/MathTools/LinearAlgebra.java
provides basic linear algebra routines, including finding a matrix that
best maps a list of calculated peak positions to/from (h,k,l) values.

.../DataSetTools/instruments/SampleOrientation.java
represents goniometer angles Chi, Phi, Omega

.../DataSetTools/instruments/IPNS_SCD_SampleOrientation.java
represents using the sign conventions of the IPNS SCD.

These, and some related basic classes for vectors and matrices might be
helpful.  If you have any questions regarding these classes in ISAW,
please contact me.

Regards,
Dennis Mikkelson