[Nexus] getting started

Campbell, Branton branton_campbell at byu.edu
Wed Jul 12 00:35:36 BST 2006

Hi Ray,

My student Andrew Zimmerman and I are trying to get some Nexus routines
working this summer.  We want to convert x-ray CCD images into Nexus
files using the HDF5 libraries.

Being new to Nexus, I hope that someone will have the patience to help
with some very basic issues.

I have installed Nexus (from source in the cygwin environment, and from
rpms in the Suse and Fedora Linux environments) using the standard
installation directory locations (e.g. /usr/local).  Now I just want to
compile a simple example that creates an NXentry.  We have had quite a
bit of trouble figuring out how to link to the necessary libraries.  I
would really appreciate an example Makefile if you have one you can
share.

Best regards,
Branton Campbell

Branton J. Campbell