[Nexus] Reading generic h5 files.

Akeroyd, FA (Freddie) F.A.Akeroyd at rl.ac.uk
Thu Feb 22 15:53:30 GMT 2007

Brian,

The latest NAPI source code development snapshot from

http://download.nexusformat.org/

will read generic HDF5 files created by Matlab (just checked it by
generating a file and then reading it with the NXbrowse utility). There
were only a few changes needed - these are detailed at

http://svn.nexusformat.org/viewvc/NeXusCode/trunk/src/napi5.c?r1=854&r2=
855

and could probably be applied directly to your napi 3.0.0 distribution.
To skip group attribute checking, you should pass either NULL or ""
(empty string) to NXopengroup(). NXgetnextentry() will return "" for the
class if the relevant attribute is not present.

Regards,

Freddie