[Nexus] support for NaN (not a number)?

Carlos Pascual Izarra carlos.pascual at cells.es
Thu Jan 22 12:04:54 GMT 2009

Hello,
Can anyone point me to some documentation on how to handle NaN's in datasets?

My data comes from several counters that are read simultaneously from time to
time. I want to save them in separate 1D Nexus datasets. Sometimes one
counter may not return a reading, in which case I would like to insert a NaN
marker in the given position of the dataset to signify it was invalid.
It should work for NX_FLOAT* and NX_*INT* data types

I am using the python binding.
Cheers,

Carlos
 Carlos Pascual Izarra