[Nexus] tagging specific entries and datasets

Carlos Pascual Izarra carlos.pascual at cells.es
Tue Jun 2 10:16:47 BST 2009

Hello,
A requirement for my application is that particular data within a nexus file
can be "tagged" (something like applying a tag to an email in gmail).

I just wanted to ask here before reinventing the wheel or doing something
against nexus conventions:

My way of doing it would be:
Put tags as attributes (optionally I would use the attribute value to store an
index for marking the first index in array data, which is interesting for
scans)
In order to speed up searches, I also intended to have a /tagindex (NXnotes)
group at the root level of the Nexus file containing <tagname> branches each
containing a series of links to the paths that are tagged with <tagname>.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Cheers,

Carlos

 Carlos Pascual Izarra
 Scientific Software Contact
 Computing Division
 Cells / Alba Synchrotron  [http:/www.cells.es]
 Carretera BP 1413 de Cerdanyola-Sant Cugat, Km. 3.3
 E-08290 Cerdanyola del Valles (Barcelona), Spain
 E-mail: carlos.pascual at cells.es
 Phone: +34 93 592 4428