[Nexus] deleting data

Akeroyd, FA (Freddie) freddie.akeroyd at stfc.ac.uk
Wed Jun 3 18:05:23 BST 2009

Hi,

I had a feeling there was a technical rather than philosophical reason
for NeXus not having a "delete" function as part of the API - this may
be a leftover from early HDF4 support. It looks like it is now possible
to delete items from an HDF file, but according to
http://hdfgroup.org/hdf5-quest.html#del you do not currently get the
unused space back.

I suggest you file a ticket to http://trac.nexusformat.org/code/

Regards,