[Nexus] NeXus workshop

Mark Koennecke Mark.Koennecke at psi.ch
Wed Feb 17 12:20:10 GMT 2010

                   NeXus Workshop at PSI

                     May 10 - 12 2010

  This is to announce that a NeXus workshop will be held at PSI
  from Monday, May 10 till Wednesday, May 12 2010. NeXus is a
  data format for neutron, X-ray and muon scattering based on HDF-5.
  It adds to HDF-5 rules for storing data and dictionaries of
  meaningful names for data items. The purpose of this workshop is
  twofold:

  - Disseminate detailed knowledge about the NeXus data format
  - Discuss and develop the application of NeXus at synchrotron
    light sources.

  In a sense this workshop is a followup to the recent HDF-5 as
  hyperspectral dataformat held at ESRF.

http://www.esrf.eu/events/conferences/hdf5-as-hyperspectral-data-analysis-format

  This workshop is to go into more detail and come up with:

  - A wishlist of things to consider for the NeXus International
    Advisory Committee
  - A set of synchrotron specific application definitions.

  The intended audience for this workshop are facility scientists and
  computing staff from synchrotrons who have have an interest to learn
  more about NeXus and use it a synchrotron light sources. The general
  part of the workshop can be of interest to other NeXus users too.

  Particiaption is free but due to space contraints we can only accept 30
  participants. Registration is now open through our WWW-site:

      http://lns00.psi.ch/nexus2010/

  Best Regards,

    Mark Koennecke, on behalf of the organising committee