[Nexus] NeXus Digest, Vol 58, Issue 5

Mark Koennecke Mark.Koennecke at psi.ch
Mon Apr 19 13:51:08 BST 2010

Dear Brian Pauw,

Brian Pauw wrote:
> Dear Freddie,
>
> The timescale I was thinking of was on the order of within several months. Would this be feasible? I am looking into the HDF file format option at the moment. The key issue is not just reading but reading _and_ writing (as I don't have nexus files yet and no way to generate them).
>
> Yours sincerely,

In an idle moment I looked at the matlab documentation for a bit,
especially the external interface.
I realized that matlab can use external Java classes. If this really
works (I have no time now to test
this) then you may use the existing NeXus-Java binding. It will require
some conversion from matlab
to Java arrays but I would not be surprised if a utility function for
doing this exists somewhere.
A conversion would anyway be required as NeXus uses C-storage order
whereas matlab uses
Fortran storage order.

Best Regards,

           Mark Koennecke