[Nexus] questions about NXxas app definition

Carlos Pascual cpascual at cells.es
Wed Aug 29 10:18:51 BST 2012

Thanks for the answers, Mark.

Regarding my usage of NXxas: I am just using it as an example on how to get
our control system (taurus/sardana) to write data following specific
Application definitions (up to now we only wrote NXscan files). Also, I am using
it to learn the python tree api.

On Wed 29 August 2012 11:05:38 Mark Koennecke wrote:
> Carlos,
>
> On 08/29/2012 10:02 AM, Carlos Pascual wrote:
> > ******************
> > Sorry if this message is duplicated, the list reported a delivery error
> > and I haven't seen the message appear afterwards, so I am resending.
> > ******************
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to write a NXxas file following the Application definition
> > from the the "NeXus Reference" document, and I have two questions/doubts
> > about it:
> >
> > a) The monochromator energy appears as NX_CHAR type (and this is also the
> > case for the NXxasproc application definition). I would expect it to be
> > NX_FLOAT instead (that would be consistent with the NXmonochromator
> > class definition). I see that the source XML file [1] does not include
> > any explicit type for this field, so I wonder if it might be a mistake
> > in the definition (which should be explicit) or in the script that
> > generates the NeXus Reference (which perhaps defaults to NX_CHAR if no
> > explicit type is defined?).
>
> The energy must be NX_FLOAT. This is an error somewhere.
>
> > b) The link in the NXdata group to the absorbed beam is made to
> > "/entry/instrument/absorbed_beam"  (which is a NXdetector group). I would
> > expect it to be to "/entry/instrument/absorbed_beam/data"  (an NXfield)
>
> You are right here to: it must be /entry/instrument/absorbed_data/data
>
> let us know how you get on with NXxas. There may be fields missing....
>

> Regards,
>
>                 Mark Koennecke
>
> > Can somebody please clarify these things?
> >
> > Cheers!
> >
> > Carlos
> >
> > Refs:
> > [1]http://svn.nexusformat.org/definitions/trunk/applications/NXxas.nxdl.x
> > ml

 Carlos Pascual Izarra
 Scientific Software Coordinator
 Computing Division
 Cells / Alba Synchrotron  [http:/www.cells.es]
 Carretera BP 1413 de Cerdanyola-Sant Cugat, Km. 3.3
 E-08290 Cerdanyola del Valles (Barcelona), Spain
 E-mail: cpascual at cells.es
 Phone: +34 93 592 4428