[Nexus] DECTRIS again

Watts Benjamin Benjamin.Watts at psi.ch
Thu Oct 4 15:07:13 BST 2012

Hi,
   I'm happy with all the names except that "exposure_time", which is
clearly used in contradiction to the meaning of the word "exposure" and
the nature of the hardware. (Only a light source or shutter would
control an actual exposure time.) If a new field is required, then I
would prefer it be named "accumulation_time". However, the field
"count_time" already exists in NXdetector and would suit the purposes of
DECTRIS perfectly well. My reccommendation therefore is that DECTRIS use
"count_time" instead of making a new "exposure_time" field.

For describing the positions of the detector modules, I vote for the
CIF-like option since forward-compatibility is more of an issue than
backwards-compatibility in this case.

Cheers,
Ben