[Nexus] Telco

Wintersberger, Eugen eugen.wintersberger at desy.de
Wed Nov 7 14:36:11 GMT 2012

Hello
  thanks Armando for your fast response.

On 11/07/2012 03:14 PM, "V. Armando Solé" wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was at another (local) meeting.
>
> From the solutions summarized by Mark (good job there), we are
> clearly in favor of the general case: there are additional data
> containing the actual positions of the different pixels. Data
> analysis software has in any case to use those positions, so why
> not to get them directly from the source. That approach also allows
> to deal with the case the modules form a non-flat arrangement
> (adding an additional z component). About the fact that "destroys"
> the image, one could argue the image was never existing in the sens
> of a flat set of regularly spaced pixels.

This is an interesting approach to the situation and I would like to
add some more words to this. On the first glimpse I would prefer the
suggestion of Tobias. However, when it comes to 'easy plotting' we may
should think about what 'easy' means. I am actually working on a
detector viewer application (it is a prototype for a GUI program to
visualize data from Nexus files) using VTK. Indeed, when using VTK the
general approach is much easier since VTK is clever enough to arrange
the different module images to a large image by itself no matter how
they are oriented in space (even a 3D view would be possible in the
case of a curved detector).

Thus, the question is rather: what means easy plotting for us?

regards
  Eugen

> Armando
>
> On 07/11/2012 14:37, Mark Koennecke wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Teleconference now!
>>
>> there seems to be trouble reaching the NeXus Wiki. Thus I attach
>> my summary again.
>>
>> Mark

- --
- ---------------------------------------