[Nexus] NXgeometry lacking documentation

Wintersberger, Eugen eugen.wintersberger at desy.de
Mon Nov 19 09:24:00 GMT 2012

Hi folks
  I am actually working on a complete Nexus file for P08 here at DESY
and encountered a problem with NXgeometry in NXaperture when trying to
describe a slit.
Although the NXDL definition of NXgeometry describes several primitive
objects (nxbox, nxcylinder, and so on) there is no documentation
available how this objects are initially placed in the laboratory or
their parent coordinate frame. Furtheremore, there are no sketches in
the documentation of how this objects exactly look like and what their
'size' parameters mean exactly.
Is this documentation really missing or have I been just too stupid to
find it.
If it is missing, I would volunteer to do the work.

regards
  Eugen