[Nexus] detector angles

Wintersberger, Eugen eugen.wintersberger at desy.de
Mon Nov 19 11:27:50 GMT 2012

Hi folks
 it's me again. There is another issue concerning the polar coordinate
frame. Though, the system as provided by Nexus is sufficient in the
sense that it describes the position of the detector, it is rather
uncommon as far it concerns coplanar diffraction. I cannot recall having
used a diffractometer (neither in the lab nor at any beamline I have
been) that uses such a coordinate frame. Instead of polar and azimuthal
angle there are two detector angles as depicted in the PDF attached to
this mail.  Is it possible that such a coordinate frame is common for a
particular technique? If this is the case, would it be reasonable to
extend the coordinate frame or shall users transform the two detector
angles provided by their diffractometers to the polar and azimuthal
angle as currently defined by Nexus.

regards
  Eugen