[Nexus] NXgeometry lacking documentation and others....

Mark Koennecke Mark.Koennecke at psi.ch
Tue Nov 20 07:24:51 GMT 2012

Hi,

On 11/19/2012 10:45 PM, Pete Jemian wrote:
> Very likely the case then, that NXgeometry is overused.
> Anyone want to take on the task of reviewing and offering revisions?

well, my suggestion would be a different one:
- mark NXgeometry as deprecated in favour of the CIF scheme
- Revise NXaperture to better cover the common usage case of a
rectangular slit with fields:

     * bottom, top, left, right being the actual motors driven
     * width and height as derived values commonly asked for
     * distance, x_ and y_translation to position  the whole beast
- Consider an NXcylindrical_aperture with fields diameter and length to
cover photographic aperture
   like round slits. Rather then  another class we could also have a
type filed in NXaperture which indicates the
   type of slits.

I am aware that his needs proper discussion and may not be sortable
before a next meeting of the NIAC.
Lets try the Telco next.

Regards,

           Mark