[Nexus] NXgeometry lacking documentation and others....

Pete Jemian prjemian at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 21:58:02 GMT 2012

regarding change to NXaperture...

This proposition has a part that looks more like a preference change
rather than a repair of something broken.

The names of top, left, bottom, right might be renamed to:
    y_max, x_min, y_min, x_max

The change you propose includes this renaming to more sensible terms but
also makes a change by preference from a min/max representation (some
slits, such as the XIA slit controller, use this for controls) to a
gap/offset representation (some other slits, such as from JJ Xray, use
this for controls).

Since there is a simple and obvious transformation between min/max and
gap/offset, I propose only making the change to rename to more sensible
terms.  The transform equations might be added to the documentation::

	gap = max - min
	offset = (max + min)/2

	max = offset + gap/2
	min = offset - gap/2