[Nexus] Yet more DECTRIS wishes

Mark Koennecke Mark.Koennecke at psi.ch
Wed Dec 5 16:08:06 GMT 2012

Armando,

On 12/05/2012 02:38 PM, V. Armando Sole wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Please, just for my information. What is the advantage of dectris
> approach to segment data compared to using the HDF5 family driver to
> segment files?

The family drivers are a clutch to help when your file system do not
support more then 2GB file size.
Logically it is still one HDF-5 file. One reason for the DECTRIS aproach
is to solve the SWMR issue
which HDFgroup will only resolve at times unknown. Each of the separate
data files is closed and can
be read while  DAQ is still ongoing. There were also performance reasons.

Regards,

           Mark