[Nexus] Difficulty installing Nexus

alistair.mills at stfc.ac.uk alistair.mills at stfc.ac.uk
Sat Jan 26 16:43:38 GMT 2013

I have read the instructions in README and the part is below.

1) There is no file called autogen.sh.

There is a file called autoversion.sh.  However to use it, I have to do:
.  ./autoversion.sh

2) There is no file called ./make.  To make I have to  do:
make

I hope that there is no need to be root to make this work, but either way, I received lots of warnings, and nothing useful.  I gave up after an hour of trying lots of different things in the hope that something would work.

This is hardly encouraging!

This was the final warning.  Why the installer is looking in /mnt/hdf5 I do not know.  There is no such directory on my computer.

/bin/grep: /mnt/hdf/packages/szip/static/encoder/Linux2.6-gcc/lib/libsz.la: No such file or directory
/bin/sed: can't read /mnt/hdf/packages/szip/static/encoder/Linux2.6-gcc/lib/libsz.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/mnt/hdf/packages/szip/static/encoder/Linux2.6-gcc/lib/libsz.la' is not a valid libtool archive
make[1]: *** [libNeXus.la] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/alistair/Downloads/nexus-4.3.0/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Text taken from README.
.
.
2) At present it is necessary to run the autogen shell script to produce the
   correct configure file.

   sh autogen.sh

3) Run 'configure' and 'make'.

   ./configure
   ./make

   If there are any problems, try different configure options to see if one
   will work.  You can see what switches are available by typing

   ./configure --help
.
.

--