[Nexus] nxvalidate example.zip file; NXplot

Jeff Teeters jteeters at berkeley.edu
Thu Mar 7 22:01:42 GMT 2013

Hi Freddie,
Thanks for that information.  I have several followup questions.

The nxvalidate GUI Help screen (same as at:
http://download.nexusformat.org/doc/nxvalidate/ch01s08.html
) says to load two files:
1. NXmonopd.hdf - the data file.
2. NXmonopd.nxdl.xml - the NXDL definition file.

I see the first file in the trunk/test directory, but not the second.
Is the second file or a replacement available?

I'm a little uncertain about how the NXDL definition files work work
in validation.  According to:
http://download.nexusformat.org/doc/html/validation.html
"All the NXDL files are converted into a single Schematron file" which
is used for validation.  Is that single Schematron file built into the
"nxvalidate" program?  If so, why does the validation program prompt
for a NXDL definition file?

Thanks again,
Jeff