[Nexus] NXdata for an "10-channel" high resolution detector

Wintersberger, Eugen eugen.wintersberger at desy.de
Mon Jun 10 15:20:02 BST 2013

Hi folks
  I have a question concerning NXdata. We are currently starting with
Nexus at our beamlines here at DESY. P02 - a powder diffraction beamline
- will be the first one to use Nexus.
They have a kind of 10-channel detector which is in reality a curved
detector consisting of 10 individual point detectors each having an
analyzer in front of them. The angular offset between the detectors is
about 1 degree. We store each individual detector in a separate
NXdetector group. The full scan data can be obtained by concatenating
the data and polar_angle fields of each of the 10 detectors.
The question is now: what should go to the NXdata group? Can I have 10
individual pairs of of data/(variable or x??) in a single NXdata group
or do I have to create 10 individual NXdata groups?

regards
  Eugen