[Nexus] NXdata for an "10-channel" high resolution detector

Wintersberger, Eugen eugen.wintersberger at desy.de
Mon Jun 10 22:59:14 BST 2013

Thanks guys for the suggestions

Currently we are storing the data like at SOLEIL. However, I would agree
with mark that a single array would be much more comfortable for
plotting. The problem with this is that we are writing data in a
record-style manner. This means at every point a new data item is
appended to the data field of the individual detectors. By doing so we
can ensure that every point data is written to disk - even if the scan
breaks accidentally. The only chance we would have is to do the
concatenation afterwards once the scan is finished.

Seems that I have to think about which direction we would go ;)

regards
  Eugen

PS: we had now the first beamtime with the new Lambda detector developed
at DESY which will natively write Nexus files. The uses had no problem
with this so far ;)