[Nexus] NXdata for an "10-channel" high resolution detector

Carlos Pascual cpascual at cells.es
Tue Jun 11 07:49:48 BST 2013

On Tue 11 June 2013 08:38:08 Wintersberger, Eugen wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-06-11 at 08:32 +0200, Carlos Pascual wrote:
> > Hi Eugen,
> >
> > are you using Sardana  foracquiring and  writing the data?
>
> We are not using Sardana yet, though it is already installed on the
> beamline computer. We will move towards Sardana during the long shutdown
> in autumn.
>
> > If so, it should be possible to create a custom recorder that writes the
> > concatenated data on-the-fly.
>
> Sure - one can always write custom IO code. I just wanted to know if
> there is an easier solution ;)

Oh, C'mon!
What I mean is that sardana provides an API for writing custom "recorders"
which is quite simple.  In fact the idea is to have a recorder for each NX
application definition....

...or at least that *was* the idea, before I saw your presentation (during
Tango meeting) at how you handle the NX metadata and structure. Then I thought
that it would be nice to implement the same approach in a generic NX recorder.