[Nexus] pixel_mask documentation

Tobias.Richter at diamond.ac.uk Tobias.Richter at diamond.ac.uk
Tue Jul 9 16:56:26 BST 2013

Hi Michael,

Yes, you are right that's what the text says, but I didn't read carefully enough.

As most options are mutually exclusive, I wasn't expecting bits.

Is 6 or 7 targeted for corner pixels on Eiger/Pilatus?
To make it easy for consuming software I would not want any bits to be set for a usable pixel value. 95% would not care about a reason for not using the pixel. Flagging up these special pixels somewhere is useful but maybe not in a "mask". Maybe I am wrong anyway.

What's "5 non uniform" exactly?  Just that I can make the documentation most meaningful.

Bits do come in handy though. It allows us to add:

8 user specified

For pixels that are masked out by the user although they have a physically "correct" reading but for example represent artefacts in the measurement like beamstops. Agreed?

Kind regards,

Tobias