[Nexus] Linux OS poll

Carlos Pascual cpascual at cells.es
Fri Sep 27 07:48:16 BST 2013

Facility:
  ALBA
Current:
  Suse 11.1 and Suse 12.1 (for production machines and devel).
  Suse 12.3,  Ubuntu>11.10 and Debian>=7 (devel machines)
SwitchTo:
  evaluating Suse>=12.3 and Debian7
Why:
  considering Suse>=12.3 for continuity with existing policies
  considering Debian7 for smoother upgrade maintenance and better
availability of scientific software libraries

On Thu 26 September 2013 12:02:41 Wintersberger, Eugen wrote:
> Hi folks
>   For testing purposes I would like to know which Linux distributions
> you are currently using at your facilities and if you are planning to
> change to a different Linux distribution.
>
> Could you please reply to this mail answering the following
> questions:
>
> Facility:
>
> Current Linux Distribution:
>

> If you are happy with what you have that's it already. If you are
> planning to change the Distribution
>
> Planning to switch to:
>
> Why you want to change your distribution:
>

> regards
>   Eugen

 Carlos Pascual Izarra
 Scientific Software Coordinator
 Computing Division
 Cells / Alba Synchrotron  [http:/www.cells.es]
 Carretera BP 1413 de Cerdanyola-Sant Cugat, Km. 3.3
 E-08290 Cerdanyola del Valles (Barcelona), Spain
 E-mail: cpascual at cells.es
 Phone: +34 93 592 4428