[Nexus] Linux OS poll

Andrea Parenti andrea.parenti at xfel.eu
Fri Sep 27 17:04:46 BST 2013

Facility: European XFEL GmbH

Current Linux Distribution: Scientific Linux 6.x, Ubuntu 10.04/12.04 LTS

If you are happy with what you have that's it already. If you are
planning to change the Distribution

Planning to switch to: Scientific Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, when they
will become available

Why you want to change your distribution: The strategy is to support the
current Scientific Linux version, and the last two available LTS Ubuntu
versions

Cheers,
 	Andrea

On Thu, 26 Sep 2013, Wintersberger, Eugen wrote:

> Hi folks
>  For testing purposes I would like to know which Linux distributions
> you are currently using at your facilities and if you are planning to
> change to a different Linux distribution.
>
> Could you please reply to this mail answering the following questions:
>
> Facility:
>
> Current Linux Distribution:
>

> If you are happy with what you have that's it already. If you are
> planning to change the Distribution
>
> Planning to switch to:
>
> Why you want to change your distribution:
>

> regards
>  Eugen
> --
> ---------------------------------------
> DI. Dr. Eugen Wintersberger
>
> FS-EC
> DESY
> Notkestr. 85
> D-22607 Hamburg
> Germany
>
> E-Mail: eugen.wintersberger at desy.de
> Telefon: +49-40-8998-1917

Dr. Andrea Parenti
European XFEL GmbH, WP76 (DAQ & Control Systems), Device Integrator Scientist
andrea.parenti at xfel.eu
Phone +49 (0)40 8998-6945
Fax   +49 (0)40 8998-1905
www.xfel.eu

Mailing address: Notkestrasse 85, 22607 Hamburg, Germany
Headquarters: Albert-Einstein-Ring 19, 22761 Hamburg, Germany

Managing Directors: Prof. Dr. Massimo Altarelli, Dr. Claudia Burger
Registered as European X-Ray Free-Electon Laser Facility GmbH
at Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 111165