[Nexus] NeXus facility survey

Paul Kienzle paul.kienzle at nist.gov
Tue Sep 9 14:01:38 BST 2014

Facility Name:   NIST Center for Neutron Research
Facility Logo URL:    http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:NIST_logo.svg
Total number of beamlines/instruments:    24
NeXus is written on this many beamlines/instruments: 3
NeXus is the primary format for this many of them: 0
We are using the following back ends (valid choices HDF5, HDF4, XML):  HDF5
Any migration plans for the future: short term, 3 SANS instruments will be added, with NeXus as the primary format.  Long term, all instruments will write NeXus as their control software gets upgraded.
We use the following software packages to browse, analyse or process NeXus:  h5py, idl, igor
The following application definitions are in use here:  None (should be NXrefscan and NXsas; there is no spinecho definition yet)
An average NeXus file contains this many datasets:  1
We use NAPI for writing:   h5py
For reading:  h5py, idl, igor